JOB POSTING -
ASSISTANT SQUASH PROFESSIONAL
The Richmond Hill Squash Club (RHSC) of Richmond Hill, Ontario, a vibrant, private squash, fitness, and social key club, is currently recruiting for an Assistant Squash Professional, who is highly motivated and has experience in teaching squash to all ages of participants. The incumbent must have an energetic, outgoing and dynamic personality.
The Assistant Squash Professional’s primary responsibility will be to assist in the development and marketing of squash programs and to help implement and deliver such squash services and programs to the Membership in a professional,
courteous and enthusiastic manner.
This position requires that the incumbent provide individual instruction and coaching for members of all ages and abilities. The Assistant Squash Professional will be required to set goals including programming and administration, and will be responsible for scheduling, training and coordination of squash related activities.
This position comes with a modest retainer including 80% of all private lesson fees. It is a 9 month long contract with the possibility of year round work.
Member Service and Public Relations:
- To co-ordinate activities as it relates to programs, leagues, ladders, round robins, exhibitions, and Club tournaments.
- To counsel members on level appropriateness, that best fulfills their competitive and/or social needs, and ensures that new and current members are integrated into such squash services and programs.
- To help promote adult and junior squash programs and optimize participation.
- To help maintain effective, efficient and professional communications with members, management and staff.
- To occasionally make contributions to the RHSC emails and Website regarding upcoming events and notices.
- To ensure that program registration lists are prepared in a timely manner and posted appropriately in the Club.
- To assist with programs on our year-round calendar
- To assist with program management such as leagues, ladders, tournaments, etc.
Private Instruction and Coaching:
- To teach private lessons and group clinics involving all ages and levels of ability.
- To ensure that all instruction is conducted in a safe & proper manner.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience.
- Basic First Aid Training(can provide if needed)
- Coaching Certification Level 1 in at least one racquet sport.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, inter-personal and administrative skills.
- Personable, co-operative and enthusiastic.
Thank you for your resume. We will only contact those that we believe to have the skills, knowledge and attributes necessary to do the job.
Please forward your resumes by December 31, 2022
Mustafa Salemwalla, President and Director of the Richmond Hill Squash Club